Paris Long Exposure Photography Workshop, May 17-21, 2017 – CLOSED
– $1295 Sign Up Now!
Expedition Details – Sign up Now .
4 Day Paris photography workshop featuring Paris’ Louvre pyramid, the Eiffel tower, La Defense and more; with sessions covering architectural and long exposure photography, street photography and black & white photography.
Join Jean Michel Missri and Charles Lupica, International award winning photographers, for this Parisian adventure as they help you capture the essence of Paris.This workshop is designed for amateurs and advanced photographers alike who are interested in enhancing their photography skills including long exposure, street photography, night photography and black & white photography in one of the most enchanting cities in the world. The La Defense business district provides a stunning vista of ultra-modern buildings. A surreal playground for long-exposure, architectural and upscale street photography. We will take you behind the scenes in the digital darkroom to learn special techniques, blend and manipulate skies, alter lighting, mirroring structures and more to sculpt your image into fantastic architectural worlds. Selected works from participants may be published in a future edition of Shades of Gray Magazine.
Paris Long Exposure Photography workshopParis Long Exposure Photography workshop
The workshop includes 4 days of capturing the magic of Paris. The workshop starts off with a Meet & Greet dinner the night of arrival at a centrally located restaurant. After dinner, time permitting, we will head out along the banks of the Seine for some night shooting. Each morning we’ll head out into the awakening city for shooting. Several evenings we’ll be out late trying to capture the city of light at night. The Meet & Greet dinner on May 17th and a book of ten Metro tickets will be included in the price of the workshop. All other transportation, meals, airfare, accommodations and miscellaneous expenses are not included. The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
- Wednesday May 17th at 19:00 PM CET, Meet & Greet Dinner. A first night communal dinner (included in workshop price, details to be provided upon registration). As time permits, we will head out for an evening photo shoot in our surroundings in Paris. You will start your journey learning from Charles Lupica and Jean Michel Missri how to turn steel, glass and reflective light into stunning photographic art.
- Workshop continues on Thursday May 18th through Sunday May 21st ending around 1:00 PM CET on Sunday. Each morning we will meet in a central location. Itinerary highlights:
- Thursday May 18th at 10:00 AM CET, before heading out to continue your journey learning we will discuss long-exposure techniques, false long exposure, cloud and sky manipulation and best practices for architectural shooting capturing light reflections in the spectacular structures of La Defense. After a break for dinner, we will continue taking shots of the wonder of night lighting of La Defense. Learn more tips and tricks for turning this Paris magic into image manipulations of light and dark.
- Friday May 19th at 8:00 AM CET, morning student review. We’ll help you turn a few of your favorite shots into image treasures to take home. It is then onto late morning shooting of La Defense. Break for lunch and then into Paris city streets with our cameras to capture the Paris city culture that is characteristically Paris. Dinner break and a night of photography of cityscapes including iconic images of Paris.
- Saturday May 10th at 8:00 AM CET, meet for morning coffee and answer questions & review. After time together in a cafe, we’ll head out for shots of iconic Arc de Triomphe and more classic street images of Paris. Break for lunch at a Paris cafe and continue photographing along the Siene and Paris parks.
- Sunday morning May 21st at 6:00 AM CET on the steps of Sacre Coeur for capturing morning light as the city wakes. Then off to central Paris for some long-exposure of the Eiffel Tower and other iconic Paris locations.
- Specific details of location, review sessions and meet up addresses will be provided upon registration. Specifics of locations and times are subject to change based on weather and other circumstances in Paris at the time of the trip.
- Physical expectations are lightly strenuous city walking, riding on transport and standing.
- Additional general workshop information can be found on our Workshop FAQ.
Sign up Now places are limited to 12 participants.
For questions or additional information contact us.